While I’ve been trying to figure out this blogging thing, I’ve been reading a lot of other blogs – specifically those related to travel, food, and parenting. I also read blogs about blogging. Recently, I was nominated for a Liebster Award. Go me!
The Liebster Award is recognition to new bloggers by other bloggers for enjoying or valuing their work. It’s main aim is to help highlight new voices and pay the compliment forward to others – kind of like a virtual chain letter combined with an online high-five.
It also gives newbies a chance to hone their writing skills and introduce themselves to the blogging community. I am excited to know that other people besides my friends and parents are reading my blog too!
If you were nominated by me – or by someone else in the future – abide by these “official” rules. They are pretty simple . . . Create a new post which:
- Mentions, links and thanks the blog/blogger that nominated you.
- Answers the 11 questions that were assigned to you.
- Nominates up to 11 new blogs and links to them in your post. NOTE: There are some variations you might find online as to how one determines whether a blog is new or not (this ranged from 200-3000 followers).
- Asks new questions (or the same questions) to your nominees.
Don’t forget to notify your nominees via social media when your post is published. Without further ado, here are the questions posed to me by Home Sweet Home Team. Thanks for the nomination Jennifer!
11 Questions for Vacation Coffee . . .
1. If you had a time machine, what time period would you like to visit?
I would travel back to 1970 so I could experience a live performance by any or all of these bands/musicians: The Beatles, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, David Bowie.
2. What is your favorite book and why?
The Secret History by Donna Tartt. I read it back in college, and it’s one of the only books I’ve read twice. She’s an amazing writer – the story is mysterious and slightly dark. The characters are well developed and sympathetic. I couldn’t put it down.
3. Who is your favorite blogger? How would you like to emulate their success?
I am not really a person who chooses favorites. I like lots of things for many different reasons. My favorite new bloggers are listed below. Of those who are more established, I really appreciate Not Quite Old for her candor and humor – Because I’m Cheap for her comprehensive tips on everything – and Sidetracked Travel Blog for her artistic layout and amazing photography. I’d like to emulate any of those things!
4. If you could plan a dream vacation where would you go?
I want to get back to Hawaii again with my husband and kids – and my parents. It is a special place for us since my family lived there before moving to Minnesota about a thousand years ago.
5. Who is the biggest influence in your life right now?
I am imposing a rule of my own for the Liebster . . . feel free to skip one of the questions you were assigned. I choose this one.
6. Name something that you would want to improve about yourself.
Stop second-guessing myself and take more risks. Have more confidence in what I’m doing. Improve my interview skills.
7. What was your first memory?
I have no idea. Do you remember yours?? If so, please comment below because I am curious!
8. What made you want to start a blog and why?
I need a creative outlet and am not getting that in my 9-5. I enjoy writing, social media, graphic design, photography . . . it almost seems like a no brainer that I didn’t start this sooner. I am also an introvert who likes to organize things . . . like WORDS.
9. Describe your best childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memories are sandy beaches, sunny days and blue oceans.
10. If you could meet anyone at any time in history who would it be and why?
See my answer to #1
11. What is your favorite movie or TV show?
My husband and I watch a lot of TV. My favorite show depends on the season – currently, we are binging on Shameless and watching The Walking Dead every Sunday.
And now, I nominate . . .
I tried to pick a variety of blogs that I follow. If you don’t consider yourself a new blogger, just know that I really appreciate your work! I chose the following blogs for at least one of these reasons: 1) valuable advice that guides me, 2) a unique voice that keeps me interested, 3) content that makes me laugh or drool, or 4) photos that inspire me.
If you don’t want to participate, no biggie. If you’ve already been nominated, well done! No need to do it again. Here are your questions, from me to you – comment below when your post is up so I can come back and read your answers. Have fun and keep up the good work!
- Where do you call home?
- How would you describe the target audience of your blog in one sentence?
- What is the primary reason for starting your blog?
- How often do you post content on your blog?
- Is there a story behind your blog name?
- What is your ideal morning routine?
- Do you have a vice? If so, what is it?
- When you’re not working on your blog, what are you doing instead?
- What is an amazing travel memory you have?
- Where else on social media can we find you?
- Who are your favorite people to spend time with?